The mercury is hitting the mid-thirties, budgie smugglers are gracing our beaches, and the sound of cicadas is filling those long, balmy evenings. This can only mean one thing: summer’s almost here, and it’s prime time for outdoor entertaining!
So before you fire up that ILVE MY-Q SPACE-SAVING BBQ, take a look at these tips for honing your barbie skills.
- Perfect your grilling technique! Have different areas of the grill set to different temperatures. By doing this you can get the surface of your food looking the way you want on high, then move it to the lower temperature to let it cook through.
- PAY ATTENTION! As grill-master and science know-it-all Harold McGee told the Gourmet Traveller, “It’s so easy not to pay attention when you’re having fun and drinking with friends, but that’s also what generally gives the best results”. So move that Esky closer to your MYQ and get multi-tasking!
- Be a frequent flipper! The age-old debate about whether to flip the meat frequently or once only has been a hot topic at many a backyard barbie. Science, however, tells us it’s best to be a frequent flipper, as it allows the meat to cook faster and more evenly on the inside.
- For the sake of convenience, skewer thin vegetables like asparagus to make flipping a breeze.
- The hole truth! Pricking sausages on the grill means you lose a lot of fat out of the sausage, incite flames, and you could even end up shrinking your sausages!
- Lastly, add a fistful of salt to your Esky. This lowers the freezing point of water inside, bringing a whole new level of chill to your bevvies!
For more about the ILVE M-Q SPACE-SAVING BBQ: http://ilve.com.au/bbq/my-q-space-saving-bbq/